Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Treasures From Thrift Shopping at Lunch

So here are some pics of the WONDERFUL things that I found while thrift store hunting this past weekend!  I got some really great stuff, and enough stuff that I was able to keep busy this whole weekend...even though I should have been preparing for my trip back home to Wisconsin...OOPS!

Here are my tables full of loot:


I got some great antique cast iron trivets...and I think I am going to spray paint them (with high-heat spray paint of course!)


 

And I got this great silver plat that I am going to spray paint and stencil.  I will probably use it for keys on my console table...but maybe I will list it on Etsy...


And I got this wonderful little cast iron sign...so I put it above my kitchen doorway in my dining room!


I got these candle holders because they have the best shape!  Such great ornate detailing and the cutest lines. 


Funny thing is that they are apparently old Avon candlesticks...who knew???


I actually spray painted them a bright aqua color to match this cup...


I also got these very sweet little terracotta bird candleholders.  I painted them white, glazed them and then distressed them...they ended up coming out really cute!  They will be in another post following shortly.



I also got some great frames!


The oval ones I painted a mocha color and distressed, the square ornate ones I painted black and are going to go in my bedroom above my hot pink nightstands, and the last one I don't know what I am going to do with.  But it was half-price frame day at the Leftovers thrift store in WC so I couldn't not buy it! 

I also got this very sweet little saucer plate that I think I am going to put up in my kitchen...



And I got some really great milk glass pieces!!!


 

 

I used the grape leaves pattered one to plant my kitty grass in...it turned out very cute...much better then the cheap black plastic planter that came with the kitty grass...that's for sure!

And I also picked up a few very nice pieces from a local antique store.  Usually this antique store is just RIDICOULOUSLY expensive, but the few pieces I picked up were actually fairly reasonable.  the traincase is probably my favorite...it is going to make a great makeup holder.




This vase and compotes were just too cute to pass up...

And these beautiful porcelain Japanese birds were actually my luckiest find I think...aren't they just beautiful?



And with a little help from the stuff you see below...I was able to keep myself busy this weekend!


More posts soon showing some of the transformations!

No comments:

Post a Comment