Tuesday, August 3, 2010

More Artwork For My Walls

So some of you may remember a post I did a little while back on framing some artwork to get up on my walls.  While I love this framed print that I first went with below,


it just never really looked right there...the scale was off I think.  So I found these great oval frames during my lunch time thrift store shopping and I think that these will look much better in that space.



And while the two larger oval frames don't have glass (as there are "original" oil paintings in them now), I figured I would distress the paper I was putting in them and finish it with some Mod Podge...



So i spray painted all of them a mocha color and then distressed them all...




And this was the first time i have EVER distressed something that i had just spray painted...and it was QUITE fun...very therapeutic...haha...


Then I got out some paper that I picked up last time I visited FLAX artist supply store while in the city (San Francisco that is) and went with a primary colors theme.  I simply adhered the paper directly to the back of the oil painting, and then cut it out...


So then I took down the "Are You happy" print and hung these up in its place.

 

It looks good right?  And the antiquing came out nicely...it really made the brightly colored papers that i choose fit together more cohesively I think.




And some close ups....

         

No comments:

Post a Comment