Thursday, July 15, 2010

Milk Glass Herb Planters

So I was inspired by Miss Holly to plant some herbs in the milk glass compotes that I have been picking up.  I saw this picture on her blog and I knew that I had to plant herbs in my compotes!

I planted some herbs in my smaller compotes (English Thyme & Oregano) and a houseplant in one of the larger compotes.  I simply used some of the Miracle Gro potting soil I had in the backyard...



added some Miracle Gro Houseplant Food where appropriate...


and I ended up with a cute little potted plant!


my cats already seem to be enjoying it...



so up on the mantle it goes!



And with herbs planted in the smaller compotes...





I know have a nice little fresh herb garden going in my kitchen!  The larger plant is basil, and the herb in the biohazard container is garlic chives.

My kitchen now has a little herb pizazz!


No comments:

Post a Comment