Monday, November 8, 2010

While It May Be A Little Early For Christmas...

I was just browsing through my picture files and I found my "Christmas 2009" folder.  Last year for Christmas I had flown home to Wisconsin to celebrate the holidays with My Dad, Sister and Step Mom.  My Dad comes from a big family (like really big...his Mom had 15 children!!!) and last year he hosted the annual Skifton Christmas party, so it was s good time to come home!

So a little background on my Dad...he was a Christmas buyer for 20+ years, but recently he has made a switch to reping Christmas products and even designing some himself!  So while Christmas has always been one of my Dad's favorite holidays, the last few years it seems like he is in a competition with himself to top his previous year!

So I just wanted to share some pics from my last Christmas with you, and share some of the AMAZING decorations at my Dad's house.  I hope that these pics inspire you!

This is the formal dining room set-up as the "head table" for my Dad's brothers & sisters:





And did you see that mantle ?!?  that has to be one of my favorite areas in the house decorated by my Dad.




And these are the angel collection also shown in the formal dining room:



And this is the ever growing Santa collection...



These are just some of the animated pieces that my Dad has throughout the house... 



Here are some pics of the snow village that my Dad creates ever year.  In fact, he designs many of these little houses that you can buy in larger retail stores and they are titled with family members names...like my sister Madeline has a "Maddy's Dance Studio" Christmas house!




And my Dad likes to be funny and put "interesting" little details into the village each year, so here is a close-up of a man being eaten by a bear...


And my personal favorite decoration every year is our "Snow Baby" collection.  I absolutely adore them and we have had some of them since I was a little girl.  So I really enjoy watching this collection grow and seeing them get put out every year!


This is the main front door (there are several)...

Another great area of decoration is the Christmas trees!  Now my Dad and Molly have a large house -- it is 3 stories, 5 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths and a full gym.  But last year they had a ridiculously high number of trees in the house!  They had 39 trees, and 8 of them were fully hand decorated...CRAZY!  So here are just a couple of my favorites trees from last year...





And last year my Dad won the best outside light display in the Chippewa Valley!  This was their picture that was in the paper!


And this was the little excerpt that Molly had included in the competition...in case you were wondering just how crazy my Dad may be...

"As some of you may know, our Christmas light display this year can be seen from outer space. Rolly has truly out-done himself, not only creatively using store-bought items, but inventing some brand new, one-of-a-kind items for our front yard. The entire yard, house, shop and treehouse are timed to 25 different Christmas carols playing from 6 outdoor speakers. This is not a computer generation! We have also gone green using almost exclusively LED lights. Features include the most extensive blowmold snow man collection I've ever seen, a Santa/snowman inflatable motorcycle gang coming down the wooded path, a runway for Santa to land, LED trees, a 14' tree of lights and so much more. We hope you can come see the spectacle in person, but if not attached is a short video displaying some of his hard work." -- Molly



I hope you enjoyed the pictures and inspiration.  I will try and get my step-mom Molly to send me some pics from this year's set-up!



No comments:

Post a Comment